Dr. med Martin Ihle
Dr. med Martin Ihle
Medicine is individual, just as health is individual. Just as there are only seven building blocks in the Tangram, but innumerable different patterns that can emerge from it, so we humans share the same biology and yet we are all very different. That’s why a standard approach to intervention is less likely to heal a person, compared to a unique approach to examination of unique individuals with a view to the whole system.
I look at you differently from other doctors, because I am interested in who you are, how you live, what burdens you and what you need so that I can choose the right therapy combination for you. We are collaborators in this effort.
Bildquelle: MarekPhotoDesign.com stock.adobe.com
Health is an attitude to life that costs energy in the sense of actively maintaining health. It does not just happen, just as peace does not just happen after conflict, but is the result of continuous diplomatic negotiation.
After ten years of a professional career as an artist, I have turned the orthopaedic practice into my stage. Intuition and gentle guidance as in tango dancing – precision and skill as in juggling – communication and a new perspective on things as in magic; these experiences characterize my vision of healing art. Every person has individual healing resources that we can discover and use together. I like to work with people who are interested in themselves and their bodies and who are willing to actively participate in maintaining their health.
The treatment is like a dance that both partners get involved in and the task of the leader is to lead the following in such a way that it can unfold naturally and rediscover itself. These two experiences enrich each other in dealing with each person I meet, no matter in which role. I can only perform well if I am in authentic contact with myself and my counterpart, and if I am convinced that my performance is effective within my framework.
Additional designations of the Berlin Medical Association
- Manual Medicine / Chirotherapy
- Medical Acupuncture / TCM
- Certificate Medical Assessment
- Psychosomatic primary care
- Medical Hypnotherapy (Milton Erickson Society)
- DEGUM Certificate Joint Sonography
- Expertise in radiation protection according to RöV
- Certificate Foot Surgery of the D.A.F.
- (German Association for Foot and Ankle Joint e.V.)
- Medical assessment, GIS Institute Berlin
- Study of human medicine at the Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg
- Training as Certified Yoga Trainer “Gyrotonic Expansion System” with Juliu Horvath
- Specialist training in orthopaedics and trauma surgery:
- Parkklinik Weissensee, Clinic for Orthopaedics / Trauma Surgery
- Immanuel Hospital Wannsee, Lower Extremity Department
Specialist lecturer and author activities
- Functional anatomy at the school for health-oriented training “PilatesLab” in Berlin
- Traumatology/accident surgery for the training course “Surgical Assistant” at the Academy of Health Campus Berlin-Buch
- Dance anatomy and dance-specific health teaching for the bachelor’s programme “Stage Dance” of the Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin
- Freelance author in the field of endoprosthetics / tribology on behalf of Ceramtec GmbH
- Reference book reviews for the journals “Mitteilungen und Nachrichten der Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie” and “OUP – Orthopädische und Unfallchirurgische Praxis”
- Moderation at DKOU Berlin 2018 (German Congress for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery)
Research projects 2006-2014:
- Dissertation: Follow-up examination of cementless hip endoprosthetics
- Hip joint replacement for dancers and dance pedagogues in Germany
- Congress presentations and publications at various specialist conferences and magazines
- DGMM / MWE German Society for Manual Medicine e.V.
- Tamed – Dance Medicine Germany e.V.
- DAEGFA – German Medical Association for Acupuncture e.V.
- DGfAN – German Society for Acupuncture and Neural Therapy e.V.